The American Revolution came about because of circumstances that are very similar to the ones we are in now. The battle flared and we won our Independence from Great Britain, not because we were sick of paying the high taxes they levied on us, that was true enough…but the real crux of the conflict was summed up in the war cry of the times, from the colonists, when they insisted on No Taxation Without Representation.
The Original Americans were ok with being taxed, they just weren’t ok with being taxed by a government that really didn’t give them a voice…didn’t allow them to have representation and decision making in what was being done with these taxes.
Are you represented by the following items in the so called Obama stimulus package? He’s calling it a stimulus package, but if you look at this list you can see it’s really taxation without representation….because I don’t know about you, but none of this stuff represents my interests…nor do I think it represents the interests of helping an economy recover:
• $75 million for “smoking cessation activities.”
• $200 million for public computer centers at community colleges.
• $75 million for salaries of employees at the FBI.
• $25 million for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction.
• $500 million for flood reduction projects on the Mississippi River.
• $10 million to inspect canals in urban areas.
• $6 billion to turn federal buildings into “green” buildings.
• $500 million for state and local fire stations.
• $650 million for wildland fire management on forest service lands.
• $1.2 billion for “youth activities,” including youth summer job programs.
• $88 million for renovating the headquarters of the Public Health Service.
• $412 million for CDC buildings and property.
• $500 million for building and repairing National Institutes of Health facilities in Bethesda, Maryland.
• $160 million for “paid volunteers” at the Corporation for National and Community Service.
• $5.5 million for “energy efficiency initiatives” at the Department of Veterans Affairs National Cemetery Administration.
• $850 million for Amtrak.
• $100 million for reducing the hazard of lead-based paint.
• $75 million to construct a “security training” facility for State Department Security officers when they can be trained at existing facilities of other agencies.
• $110 million to the Farm Service Agency to upgrade computer systems.
• $200 million in funding for the lease of alternative energy vehicles for use on military installations.
$1 billion for the 2010 Census, which has a projected cost overrun of $3 billion.
$600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees.
• $400 million for the Centers for Disease Control to screen and prevent STD’s.
• $1.4 billion for rural waste disposal programs.
• $2 billion earmark to re-start FutureGen, a near-zero emissions coal power plant in Illinois that the Department of Energy defunded last year because it said the project was inefficient.
• A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film.
• $650 million for the digital television converter box coupon program.
• $88 million for the Coast Guard to design a new polar icebreaker (arctic ship).
• $448 million for constructing the Department of Homeland Security headquarters.
• $248 million for furniture at the new Homeland Security headquarters.
Do you feel represented by anything on the above list? Do you think anything on the above list will stimulate the economy? If not, you have to start questioning what’s going on in The New White House. It’s your right to do so, and we encourage you to exercise your rights now, so they won’t be so easily swept away buy the new wave of socialism the Obama Administration brings.